Странице

четвртак, 9. мај 2013.

(2) Community Spotlight - Wayne (Blackin)

1. Tell us something about yourself ?

As most are aware, I tend to talk(type) a LOT. Remember, you asked for it!
My name is Wayne and I'm 42yo. I live in Wylie, Texas(USA) with my wife of 18yrs and our 9 & 13yo daughters. We have 2 boxers (Fred and Brandi).
I'm a server/security admin by trade. Boring work, but it pays extremely well. Always wanted to be a cop though..
I've been building, fixing, supporting, playing with computers for 30+ years. Since my dad got me a Commadore VIC-20 on my 10th birthday.
I grew up on a 1047 acre cattle-ranch in east Texas, so I dearly love to hunt, track & fish. It also makes me a "steak snob" lol I'm a firm believer that someone sitting in a deer-stand waiting to pick off their choice of corn-fed and trained animals is "Shopping", not "Hunting".
I'm also an extreme hotrod fanatic. Preference to 60's-70's American muscle. I've spent more time track-side at drag-strips growing up than most people have even seen on TV. I believe the smell of a proper burnout may be one of the best smells on earth.
When I buy myself a new vehicle, I disregard any warranty immediately and noone else will touch it. I do all modifications from a simple oil change to tearing the engine out to replace the cam, heads, etc.
Hmmmm, what else? Don't know if Johnny is posting a picture, but you'd be shocked to know I'm almost completely Cherokee indian. A little bit of Irish. Which makes me very tall, wiry, unable to really grow facial hair... with blond hair and blue eyes.

2. How did you started playing NFSW ?

When EA shut down Motor City Online almost 10yrs ago, I made a personal decision to boycott them forever. I was that heartbroken and angry about it. Fast-forward to November 2012, I was off work for long weekend and searching around to see what new racing games were out. Saw that NFSW was "Free-to-Play", so DL'd it. Soon it was obvious that they had come a long way, so I put behind my anger and threw myself fully into the game. Collecting cars and running times.

3.  What's your favorite cars and car class in the game ?


This question gets a 2-part answer. My favorite Class would have to be around D or C. Reason is, the cars are slow enough to allow for more realistic physics, handling, performance. Lower classes feel more like a simulator and less like an arcade game.
Favorite car, by far, is my Nismo Z-Tune Jugg. The car does everything.... and does it all well. It's sexy, fast, killer acceleration, hits like a tank. And does it all from the comfort of A class.

4. What part of NFS Series is your favorite one except NFS World ?


Easy. Motor City Online. It was not only the best racing game ever made, but IMHO may be the single best game of all time.

5. How long have you been playing NFSW ?


Since early November 2012.

6. Are you part of a crew or you're solo player ?


Unfortunately, I'm solo. But that is simply due to lack of Crew features. If EA would simply put in Crew-Chat and possibly a small (Crew name) under our driver names in the game, I'd either join a crew or make my own in a heartbeat.

7  Have you got any friends during your NFSW experience ?

In-Game? Not really. My primary driver is on Chicane. It's very quiet and lonely there. I do have a second driver on Apex with a few cars and maybe 40-50 people in the friend list. I use that driver to do events, cruises and simply "hang out with the cool kids" now and then.
On the Forums, I like to think I have quite a few friends. I'm a forum-junkie, so I easily spend 100x more time cruising the boards than racing in the game.

8. What do you like most about NFSW ?


Primarily, the visual detail of the cars. They are extremely accurate and exact. Secondly, the scope of the free-roam world. There is literally so much to see and so many areas to explore. It allows a TON of content for my BRCs (Challenges).

9. What would you change or add to the game ?

Well, the cheating situation is spiraling out of control at an exponential rate. That should be the top-priority right now for whatever Dev team is in place. The game is going to die at the rate it's going, and be left with nothing BUT cheaters.
Next, I would add Crew features. We desperately need a Crew-Chat channel for them to use as well as something to distinguish them. I suggest something as simple as (CrewNameHere) in brackets under the driver's name above their car. At a glance, you can tell who someone is and what crew they're in.
Also, I think we desperately need ability to create Event Channels. I've been to a ton of events now and every single one is just awkward. You show up and spend 30mins to a couple hours sitting around staring at each other's cars. Noone says a word. There is zero organization or coordination because of this as well.
In summary.... COMMUNICATION OPTIONS!!

10. Did you bought SpeedBoost or you're an IGC player ?

I'm a SpeedBoost player. I would guess I've dropped around $1000 at this point. Probably more.
A decent chunk of that has been spent on prizes I've given away in various events I've held.
I also bought and gave away a few Starter Packs to IGC folks I really like back before EA/Amazon screwed those up..

11. When you're not playing NFSW, what else are you up to ?

Both my girls are EXTREMELY active. Oldest is captain of the drill team, takes dance lessons and is a volunteer junior coach for her little sister's team. Both have done dance, cheer, drill, athletics, gymnastics etc etc etc since about the ages of 4. Non-stop. Watching and helping them eats a ton of my time.
As stated before, I do a lot of hunting and fishing at the family ranch. Cruising around the lake. Jug-fishing for trophy catfish..
Hotrodding. Myself and a few friends are always doing something to one of our vehicles, or simply finding quiet country-side to tearup.
We built a pool about 3yrs ago, so that dominates about 4-5 months a year now in the summer, swimming, throwing parties, or simply hanging out with something cold and alcoholic by the fire-pit.

12. Do you have any favorite driver from the game ?

Favorite driver? Hasserro mystifies me with how well he negotiates tracks and dodges traffic. I really wish he would start doing videos again.
Recently, I've really enjoyed watching the live feeds that The Saints have been doing. DI2490N has some incredible skills regardless what he happens to be driving. It's truly humbling to watch. And I really get a kick out of the accent. lol

13. Your most memorable moments in the game ?

About 3-4 months ago, I was on Main Street in my Nismo just running races and accumulating IGC and encountered a guy in a plain, black ZR1 Vette. Admittedly, I was dominating pretty easy up until he got there. People would come, get frustrated at losing and leave. HE made me sit up and pay attention. Our skills were pretty evenly matched. We alternating beating each other. He was also a very honorable driver. We apologized after races for accidental bumps and would laugh at each other's occasional wall-splats or nosing into traffic over a hill. That went on for a couple hours and we both really had a great time racing together. So much so, I consider it the most memorable and most fun I've had in NFSW.

14. What other online games do you play ?

I play a bit of Diablo3 here and there. My main is a Demon Hunter. The wife and both girls play that with me. Is the only video game we all play together outside of Rock Band.
I also still occasionally play Everquest. There is a privately hosted server with a small community. There, I'm a DE Necro.
Path of Exile also gets a few hours here and there. That game has a Dev team that still believes in creating a great game instead of generating profits. It's been marvelous to watch them grow.

15. What do you think about whole this "NFS Johnny Walker" blog project ?

LOL! Admittedly, I haven't really followed it until very recently. What little I've seen so far has been awesome though, and drawn me in quickly. It's certainly the top among "fan-driven" organizations I've seen. Very professional, organized, informative and fun.


16. How did you like this interview and what do you have to say to future guys inside the spotlight ?

Although I knew I'm fairly well known on the Forums for my events, my direct views on matters and largely because many people are terrified by clowns, I admit I was NOT really expecting to be interviewed. At least, certainly not this soon.
My suggestion to future folks. Be open, honest and tell as much as possible. That's the point of these, right? To get as clear a view into that window and see who someone really is.


17. Where would you like to travel most ?

Australia. I want to be dropped off hundreds of miles from NOWHERE(But near the ocean and some dense forest) with nothing but a rifle, pocket full of shells, knife, good pair of boots and a Zippo lighter. Would like to just be free and wild for a couple weeks in survival-mode and experience what has to be the most beautiful, most unique and wildest environment on the planet.

18. Summer is just around the corner, so where would you go first with your family, sea or lake ?

Most of this summer is going to be spent in my own back yard by our pool. We'll host a myriad of parties, drink an obscene amount of alcohol and spend countless evenings sitting by the firepit hanging out with family and friends.
A lot of time will be spent out on the lake fishing or trying to kill my kids/friends on a tube behind the boat.



In order to be selected if you or someone you know wants to be featured on the Community Spotlight send the registration message to NFS Johnny Walker's inbox on Facebook.

Нема коментара:

Постави коментар