Странице

среда, 29. мај 2013.

(3) Community Spotlight - Jussi Kauppinen

1. Tell us something about yourself?

I'm fourtysomething gamer from Finland. I live in a small town near Russian border with my wife and our 3 cats.

2.When and how did you started playing NFSW ?

I started playing Need for Speed games almost 13 years ago, when we got our first PC with a 3D graphics card, 3dfx Voodoo3 2000 APG with 16 MB of it's own memory. The first Need for Speed game I played was Porsche Unleashed (called Porsche 2000 in Europe). The game was originally put in our computer by a friend who had a habit of downloading gamez from the Internet, but I later purchased legit version of the game, since I liked it so much.

3.When and how did you become a Need for Speed Forum moderator ?

I became Need for Speed forum moderator June 15th 2006. I had been organizing some visual tuning competitions in the forum and helping other members when ever I could. I was surprised when the community manager asked me to become a moderator. There was no moderator in the forum at that time and I didn't really even know what a moderator does. The community manager was convinced I'd be good at it, so I accepted the challenge.

4.Regarding to the forums, there's huge community posting everything related and non NFSW related, is it hard to read all those posts and keep them all legal and clean ?

I really do not have time to read everything, but some active members and our other moderators keep me informed of things that go on in the forums.

5.Your currently ranking on the forums is: Senior Moderator, that means that you have did pretty good job and spent most of your time to win that rank ?

I think the biggest reason for Drew promoting me to Senior Moderator was the fact that I am actually the senior moderator, since I was the first moderator this community had. I have also been actively involved with the community since 2005 and I'm the oldest one in our team. Our other senior moderator Kevin is probably more qualified for the job, but together we make a great team. Here's an old interview of us together http://www.needforspeed.com/news/nfsw-community-spotlight-jussi-kauppinen-and-kevin-johnson hope I didn't contradict myself too much (I didn't read it before answering these questions). ...and I also found another old interview... http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/15/6992885.page#15310092 ...I think my English has since improved a bit since then.

6.What's your favorite cars and car class in the game ?

I like the older cars more than the new ones. My favorite car make is probably Porsche and I'm really glad the developers have already added 2 classic models in the game Porsche 911 Carrera RSR 3.0 and Porsche 914-6 GT. I also like Nissan Fairlady 240ZG and Nissan Skyline 2000GT-R (C10) a lot. Let's be honest, I like all 60's and 70's cars in the game.
My favorite classes are D, C and B. It's not only that those classes have the most vintage cars, but the speed in those classes is more suitable for me than the spacecraft speeds in A and S classes.

7.What part of NFS Series is your favorite one except NFS World ?


My favorite NFS titles (besides World) are Porsche Unleashed, Underground 2 and Carbon. I also liked all three track racing titles a lot, but those reheated Criterion versions are not to my liking at all.

8.How long have you been playing NFSW ?

I think I answered this already in the second question. I've been playing NFS games since Porsche Unleashed and have played them all since then, except for Motor City Online and the Nintendo exclusives. When MCO was released after Porsche Unleashed, I went and bought myself High Stakes (Road Challenge in Europe) and played that until Hot Pursuit 2 was released the following year.

9.What would you change or add to the game ?


Well, if we leave out the cheater debate, I'd love to see new areas and some new tracks and of course more vintage cars like Porsche 356 B 2000 GS Carrera 2 from Porsche Unleashed.
Also, since we already have police cars that we can drive, it might be fun, if we could have the multiplayer pursuit mode from Carbon implemented in World.
Another cool feature would be a used cars dealer, where you could put your cars up for sale for IGC or SB. The store would charge for example 25% commission fee for selling the car and you would receive your IGC or SB once the car had been sold. This could be a great source of extra income for the car customizers (and also for the company, if the cars were sold for SB).

10.When you're not playing NFSW or not moderating on the forums, what else are you up to ?

Not much really. I like to cook, read books that my wife carries home from the library (reading some Jack Reacher novel ATM) and watch TV with my wife (reality TV like Survivor or Amazing Race and series like The Walking Dead and Revenge for example). When it's summer like now, I also do some gardening at our little Dacha.

11.Do you have any favorite driver from the game ?


No not really. Actually I do not even understand this question.

12.Your most memorable Need for Speed World moments in total ?

It has to be the first time I tried the game back in September 2009 when John Doyle showed it to us during Need for Speed Community Days in Vancouver. The game still only had oriental writing in menus, but it was so cool to re-visit the familiar streets of Rosewood knowing that this was going to be the biggest and the best Need for Speed game ever made..

13.What car are you driving in real life ?

I actually do not own a car. If I need to use a car, I borrow it from someone. I've been thinking about buying one many times, but then someone once again talks about how much fixing some little thing costs or how much new tires cost or how expensive the insurance is and I'm like, I do not need a car just yet. When I finally decide to get one, it's probably going to be a Golf or Corolla or something else that almost never breaks down.

14.What other online games do you play ?

World is currently the only online game I play. Before World I enjoyed multiplayer racing in Race Driver GRID, Project Torque and Level-R. If World were to shut down, I would be totally lost, because I do not have any backup game at all.

15. What music do you rock and do you have a favorite band who you enjoying and relaxing with ?

I don't really listen to music that much anymore, but when I play World, I often tune into some Country radio station like http://countrypowerstation.net/ (or some genuine American online radio station with commercials for a little extra sense of reality). I like many kinds of music, but my favorite genres are contemporary country music and pre-90's punk rock (like The Ramones or The Exploited for example).

16.What do you think about whole this "NFS Johnny Walker" blog project ?

It's a cool idea. Anything that promotes the game and makes it live longer is good in my book.

17.How did you like this interview and what do you have to say to future facebook/forum community inside the spotlight ?

I liked it, even though it took me almost 2 weeks to answer all the questions. Been a busy couple of weeks with all the changes in World.
I'll start a new tradition I learned from somewhere and ask a question from the next one to be interviewed, "Do you collect the gems every day and if you do, what time do you do it?"

18.Country or town of your dreams ?

I like living in Finland and I like my home town. Some times I think that it might be nice to spend some time in UK or North-America, but I really do belong to Finland.

19.Your favorite sports ?

I only really care for WRC and F1. ...and the only "sports" I have as my hobby are biking to places I need to go and yard work at our cottage.




In order to be selected if you or someone you know wants to be featured on the Community Spotlight send the registration message to NFS Johnny Walker's inbox on Facebook.
 

Нема коментара:

Постави коментар